The best companion for Korea’s defense exporters,
we are the Korea Defense Industry Trade Support Center.
Background of establishment
As it was difficult to effectively respond to the demands of the diversified overseas defense market under the existing export support system of government ministries and agencies, the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, the Defense Ministry, the Defense Acquisition Program Administration and the Korea Trade Insurance Corporation, and KOTRA, which has global export networks, KODITS was established on October 15, 2009 as a pan-governmental organization to support defense exports.
Legal basis: KOREA TRADE-INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY ACT
- In order to achieve the purposes referred to in Article 1, KOTRA shall conduct the following projects:
8. Projects falling under the following categories regarding the export of defense materials and materials equivalent to defense materials (hereinafter referred to as "defense materials, etc.") under Article 38 (1) 4 of the Defense Acquisition Program Act:
(a) Assumption of the status of the party on behalf of a domestic enterprise when concluding a contract concerning the export of defense materials, etc. with the government of purchasing state;
(b) Preparation of a draft packaged negotiation associating defense materials, etc. with industry, resources and investment cooperation, and establishment of a financial support scheme;
(c) Other projects which the Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy and the Administrator of the Defense Acquisition Program Administration deem necessary to support the trading of defense materials, etc.
- For effective implementation of the projects referred to in paragraph 1 (8), Korea Defence Industry Trade Support Center shall be established under KOTRA.
- Sign a G2G contract on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Korea with the government of the purchasing company to enhance the transparency and reliability of the contract
- Collect and analyze data on the offset trade system of major exporting countries and support the preparation and implementation of the negotiation proposal for offset trade
- Develop and review cooperation projects, including cooperation in the industry, based on the demands of the governments of the purchasing countries to prepare a package deal
- Provide purchasing country with financing solutions to enhance export potential of our defense companies in line with the large scale of defense export transactions and intensifying competition in the defense market
- Host business export consulting meeting in defense field to expand defense exports (KODAS), support for participation in overseas exhibitions (such as AUSA, etc.), operate nurturing project of export pioneer companies, conducting export marketing activities such as operation of defense industry-supporting KBCs, etc.